Six stars are the ultimate wanted level on Grand Theft Auto 3, but seemingly no matter how much mayhem you cause they are frustratingly difficult to attain with your health intact.
However, we’ve found an easy way to quickly earn yourself six stars, while preserving your health and giving you the best chance of hijacking a tank and paving a path of destruction.
Firstly though, you’ll need to have unlocked the third island, as you can only get a maximum of four stars until Staunton is unlocked and five stars until Shoreside Vale is unlocked. Once you’ve unlocked the third island, it doesn’t matter which of the three islands you’re on, you can still earn the maximum number of stars.
- First you need to get your hands on at least twenty grenades, either from an Ammunation store or later in the game from your safehouses.
- Then get yourself to Bedford Point at the location shown on the map.
- Lob a few grenades to get yourself at least a couple of stars in the bank
- Then head up the steps and down the corridor keeping the road on your left. At the end you’ll find ammo and armour
- As the police approach lob a few grenades over the wall to your left
- The cops won’t climb over the wall, but as your grenades hit the waiting police massed on the other side of the wall your star rating will quickly go up all the way to six.
- Make sure you keep moving as the helicopter’s bullets can still get you
- You should now have six stars, armour, good health and plenty of army trucks and tanks to play with
- Now read our piece on how to get a tank on Grand Theft Auto 3 and the fun can really start…